Thursday, August 16, 2012

Getting back into the swing of things.

  Today was a pseudo normal day for me. After being in L.A. for a week I have been a little off in my habits and schedule. It's really amazing how quickly my mind can delete its old routine.

  I actually worked out today. It was HARD. The past few days I have felt like...well.... you know the movie A Christmas Story? Remember the part where Randy gets all bundles up for school and then gets pushed in the snow and can't get up? Yeah. That has been me. Blehh. Another good example would be Danger (pre-diet). Danger used to be quite sleepy, except when asking for food (Of course now he is a new cat (thanks to Jenna's persistence). I unfourtunately do not have Jenna to motivate me. Today however, I finally made myself get up and work out...at 9:00 P.M. It was worth it.

"Buhh. Exercise...what?
   Tomorrow I really have to take Dolly on a real walk. She is bored beyond belief. It doesn't help that we ran out of bones for her so basically all she does is eat, sleep, and look at us mournfully. She is most excited when Max gets home, and by she I mean we. Luckily tomorrow he starts his 3 days off of work. Hooray!

  So aside from exercising I did volunteer today in Exotics. It was really great! I learned how to restrain and train a barn owl, I did physical therapy on a red tailed hawk, and I got to see a very suspicious snowy owl. I also got to care for the baby screech owls all by myself! It was amazing! They are really simple things, but they are things I have never done and have wanted to for a long time so I was thrilled!

A Barn Owl via Wikipedia

  Nothing on the job front yet. I have a list of places to call, but all of them are far from Pullman. This past week has reinforced the idea that I need gainful employment. Max and I are really struggling to make ends meet. Luckily we have kind, loving parents that are here to help us.

  What excitement does the weekend hold? Well this is the weekend of the Lentil festival. Tomorrow there will be music and "little lentils", a parade and a giant pot of lentil stew. Hopefully Max and I can get some good pictures to share.

A Snowy Owl via Wikipedia...again.



No comments:

Post a Comment