Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Back in Pullman, WA!!!

  I'm finally back in Pullman! Dolly and Max are both happy, and none the worse for wear. It was nice to be out and about for awhile, but I am definitely glad to be home. The major lesson I learned on this trip is that I never, ever, ever, ever want to live in Southern, CA. Joey likes it, but I really can't stand the heat, environment, or the cost!
  Finding an apartment for Joey was relatively easy, it was getting all of the money stuff straight with the people in the office that took up most of our time. You would think that they would put everything on one paper so that we could pay them straight up, but there was a lot of, "Ok now we need this much for the security deposit", and then "Oh, we also need this much to hold the apartment". They had to ask for more money yesterday because they gave hime the wrong amount for the security deposit. All of that was difficult, but the worst part was that they would only accept money orders! That meant every time we needed more money we would have to visit an ATM and then a store to get the order. Oi.
  Aside from visiting apartments we also went to the L.A. Zoo!!! It was the best part of the trip! Aside from spending time with Joey of course. Sadly the animal I wanted to see the most (the prehensile tailed porcupine) was off exhibit.
The prehensile tailed porcupine at the Kansas City Zoo.




  Anyways, aside from seeing the zoo I also saw a lot of different animation studios. Joey lives really close to Warner Bothers, Disney, the Hub, and Starz. It was strange seeing the studios and thinking that so many cool shows and movies have come from such nondescript places. It certainly put me in a movie watching mood. Right now I am watching The Princess and the Frog. I wanted to watch Pocahontas, but sadly I don't own that movie...maybe it can go on the Christmas list.
  I feel like I appreciate the movies from my childhood a lot more now that I am older. I can actually follow the stories and understand the plots, plus I can sing the songs! I just wish Max was here to watch them with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment